This page explains how we use any information you give to us
This page explains how we use any information you give to us, and the ways in which we protect your privacy. We are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Under the Data Protection Act, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. We take appropriate security measures to safeguard your data and apply security standards & controls to prevent any unauthorised access to it.
Privacy and Terms and Conditions
We may collect information that you give to us in consultations, surveys, competitions or questionnaires. Whenever we do this we will inform you of what your information will be used for and to whom it will be disclosed. We may share non-personal, statistical or summary information with organisations working in partnership with us, such as health authorities or local councils. This privacy statement applies only to websites belonging to and operated by Royal Albert Memorial Museum. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of third party web sites that may be linked to our web pages.
Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions (Terms) apply to the entire contents of this website. Please read these Terms carefully before using this website. Using this website indicates that you accept these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms, please do not use this website.
- These Terms shall constitute an agreement between you and us and shall set out the conditions upon which you may access the information available on this website
- We reserve the right to change these Terms, at any time and to notify you by posting an updated version of these Terms on this website, at which point they will become immediately effective
- Your continued use of this website after any changes referred to in clause 2 shall constitute your consent to such changes
- Access to this website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair, or for reasons beyond our control
- We reserve the right to, without notice, withdraw the availability of this website or any of its content and/or any of its functions, information or services
- We cannot guarantee uninterrupted and/or reliable access to this website and we make no guarantees whatsoever as to its operation, functionality or otherwise
- You are allowed to view, download and print out content from this website for personal use only in accordance with these Terms. All other copying whether electronic, hard copy or other format is prohibited and all other rights are reserved
- You shall only use this website in a manner that is consistent with these Terms and in such a way as to comply with all applicable laws and regulations and in particular, that you shall not (or not attempt to):
- seek unauthorised access to our network or computer system
- insert or knowingly or recklessly transmit or distribute a virus into our network and computer systems
- All copyright and all other intellectual property rights existing in this website (including, but not limited to, all design, text, graphics and the selection or arrangement thereof) are and remain our property
- The expression ‘copyright’ shall include the entire copyright, design right, rental right, right to authorise or prohibit lending and data right subsisting now or created at any time
- While we endeavour to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate, complete and up-to-date, we make no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for purpose of such information
- We make no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, that this website or any software of any nature available on, downloaded or otherwise obtained from it, will be free from defects or viruses. Your use of this website is at your own risk
- We make no representations or warranties as to whether the information available on this website complies with the regulatory regime of countries from which the pages of this website may be accessed
- We may log your IP address (which indicates the location of your computer on the Internet) for the purpose of systems administration and troubleshooting.
- If you provide your e-mail address in order to submit an enquiry, comment or request for further information, we may contact you regarding your enquiry, comment or request. We may also send e-mails to you about the services that we offer.
- The failure by us to insist on any occasion upon performance of these Terms shall not thereby act as a waiver of such a breach or an acceptance of any variation of these Terms
- A person who is not a party to these Terms may not enforce any of its terms or conditions under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999
- These Terms shall be governed by, construed and enforced in all respects in accordance with the Laws of England