Magic Lantern Slide: Horse Mushroom
This slide contains the imprint of the spores of a Horse mushroom contained between the two sheets of glass. This method of recording spore patterns was a popular form of recording and analysing the natural world, used by amateur botanists. It is one of a set of slides on this topic which belonged to John Crabtree, and are thought to have been created by him.
- Accession Loan No.
- Collection Class
- Social and industrial history
- glasspaperphotographic emulsionbiological material
- Common Name
- Magic Lantern Slide: Horse Mushroom
- Simple Name
- Inscription Transcription
- handwritten 'Horse Mushroom' on top edge binding strip
- Period Classification
- Victorian (1837-1901); Edwardian (1901-1914); World War I (1914-1918)
- Production Country
- United Kingdom
- Production Person Initials
- John H.
- Production Person Surname
- Production Year Low
- Production Year High