Magic Lantern Slide: Cardroom of a Cotton Mill, 1850
This image is part of lecture set on the topic of Samuel Crompton and the cotton industry. The slides originally belonged to John Crabtree, who was HM Inspector of Factories. This image shows the inside of a textile factory around the year 1850.
- Accession Loan No.
- Collection Class
- Social and industrial history
- glasspaperphotographic emulsion
- Common Name
- Magic Lantern Slide: Cardroom of a Cotton Mill, 1850
- Simple Name
- Inscription Transcription
- handwritten '80' on corner label; handwritten 'Cardroom of a Cotton Mill 1850.' on mount
- Period Classification
- Victorian (1837-1901); Edwardian (1901-1914); World War I (1914-1918)
- Production Country
- United Kingdom
- Production Person Initials
- John H.
- Production Person Surname
- Production Year Low
- Production Year High