Magic Lantern Slide: F.R. Rowley Esq., F.R.M.S.
This image by William Weaver Baker is unusual as it shows another cameraman in action. The man in the photograph is Frederick Richard Rowley (1868-1939) who was curator of RAMM between 1902 and 1934. Weaver Baker generally took images of buildings and objects in Exeter, including those of museum artefacts, which perhaps is how he knew Rowley. Rowley was also one of two honorary secretaries of Exeter Pictorial Record Society, of which Weaver Baker may have been a member.
- Accession Loan No.
- Collection Class
- Social and industrial history
- glasspaperphotographic emulsion
- Common Name
- Magic Lantern Slide: F.R. Rowley Esq., F.R.M.S.
- Simple Name
- Inscription Transcription
- handwritten 'F.R. Rowley Esq. F.R.M.S.' on mount
- Period Classification
- Edwardian (1901-1914); World War I (1914-1918); Inter War (1918-1939)
- Production Country
- United Kingdom
- Production Person Initials
- W. Weaver
- Production Person Surname