Magic Lantern Slide: Group of people with portable shrine in crowd
This photographic image shows a procession with men carrying a portable shrine. Although the slide is in the collection created by Alfred Rowden, the title on the slide shows the photograph was reproduced from an image by someone called Bonham. This was presumably a fellow military man, as there are several other photos by him in Rowden’s collection. Rowden was in Mesopotamia during the First World War and was not sent home until 1919 or 1920.
- Accession Loan No.
- Collection Class
- Social and industrial history
- glasspaperphotographic emulsion
- Common Name
- Magic Lantern Slide: Group of people with portable shrine in crowd
- Simple Name
- Inscription Transcription
- handwritten 'B.11' on top edge; handwritten 'P.R.L. Bonham 11 H.Q.' on masking strip
- Period Classification
- World War I (1914-1918); Inter War (1918-1939)
- Production Country
- United Kingdom
- Production Date
- Production Person Initials
- ; A.O.
- Production Person Surname
- Bonham; Rowden