Magic Lantern Slide: House-fly killed by fungus. Natural size.
This photographic magic lantern slide was created by Alfred Rowden, an amateur photographer from Exeter. During the First World War he continued his hobbies of photography and nature study and often visited Stoke Woods, near Exeter and other places upstream in the Exe Valley.
- Accession Loan No.
- Collection Class
- Social and industrial history
- glasspaperphotographic emulsion
- Common Name
- Magic Lantern Slide: House-fly killed by fungus. Natural size.
- Simple Name
- Inscription Transcription
- handwritten 'E 448 House-fly + Empusa x1' on top edge; handwritten 'Housefly + Empusa / A.O. Rowden. / House-fly killed by fungus. Nat. size. Sep.9.16 / S.C.P. E 448' on masking strips
- Period Classification
- World War I (1914-1918)
- Production Country
- United Kingdom
- Production Person Initials
- Production Person Surname
- Production Year Low