Magic Lantern Slide: Samuel Crompton's Mule (1780)
This photographic image is part of lecture set on the topic of Samuel Crompton and the cotton industry. The slides originally belonged to John Crabtree, who was HM Inspector of Factories. This image shows Samuel Crompton’s mule for textile weaving.
- Accession Loan No.
- Collection Class
- Social and industrial history
- glasspaperphotographic emulsion
- Common Name
- Magic Lantern Slide: Samuel Crompton's Mule (1780)
- Simple Name
- Inscription Transcription
- handwritten '72' on corner label; handwritten 'Samuel Crompton's Mule (1780).' on mount
- Period Classification
- Victorian (1837-1901); Edwardian (1901-1914); World War I (1914-1918)
- Production Country
- United Kingdom
- Production Person Initials
- John H.
- Production Person Surname
- Production Year Low
- Production Year High