This page explains how we use any information you give to us
We may change this policy from time to time to reflect the latest view of what we do with your information. Please check back frequently: you will be able to see if changes have been made by the date it was last updated.
What do we hold?
We collect personal data such as your name, e-mail, telephone number or mailing address from you when you voluntarily choose to register on our website (to use RAMM websites to comment, personalise content, create your own collections and share content), complete surveys, enter competitions or use other RAMM services. This may include data you give us when you complete one of our comment and stay in touch forms, register as a volunteer, purchase a ticket, attend an event, make a donation or engage with us in other ways.
Data collected may include:
- Contact details – name, address, telephone and email
- Your attendance at invited events, details of donations you have made, events where you have purchased tickets
- Your mailing and subject preferences – to help us engage in ways relevant to you.
- If you have joined the Friends of Exeter Museum & Art Gallery, membership details
- Ticket sales information is held for three financial years and then removed if you have not selected to be added to our mailing list.
- Information needed for collections’ management purposes, such as donor or lender contact details.
- Photographs, video and related consent forms
- Gift Aid consent and records held on behalf of The Development Appeal Trust
- Website registration and login information
How do we use your data?
The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service.
RAMM, affiliated Charities (FEMAG and Development Appeal Trust) and trusted partners may use your personal data to better understand our customers and markets or other information collected to help us improve the content and services of the museum, facilitate sales and support our fundraising program.
The information we may wish to provide to you includes details of exhibitions , events, collections, appeals, conservation, campaigns, membership, services, products, fundraising, newsletter requests, feedback, competitions and other activities and those of other carefully selected organisations.
It may include:
- Sending you our news and events booklets
- Inviting you to events
- Informing you of upcoming events and activities
- Asking you to support the museum by volunteering your time, experience or financial support
These activities include an element of direct marketing.
Communications may be sent to you by post, email, social media or telephone depending on your mailing preferences if you have selected one.
How we obtain your details
We collect your personal information in a number of ways.
- When you provide it to us directly
- We collect it as you use our websites or apps
- When you have given it to a third party and you have provided permission to pass your information on to us
- From publicly available sources (where possible) to keep your information up to date.
We combine the information from these sources with the information you provide to us directly
Effective fundraising is increasingly important to RAMM’s future, so we or a trusted partner may undertake research or analysis to assess your interest and ability to support the museum financially. We may use other publicly available data about you to help us make that assessment. If we are carrying out this sort of exercise we will tell you in advance and you can choose to opt out.
If you are under 18 please ensure you obtain your parent/guardian’s consent before sending any personal information to any website or the Royal Albert Memorial Museum. We do have activities for those under 18 so may ask your age. Before taking part please ensure you speak to your parent or guardian.
How will we share your data?
How do we protect your data?
Your rights and preferences
You have the right to see, correct or request to delete the information we hold on you.
The museum will contact you by email unless you request otherwise or no email address has been supplied.
Please let us know if you would like to unsubscribe from all communications or from specific types or methods.
Your data will be held on our database until you ask us to remove it. We will review and ask you to update you details every 5 years.
If you no longer wish to receive communications please contact us by email email@example.com or
Royal Albert Memorial Museum
For more information about how we look after your information or to find out more about your rights, go to www.exeter.gov.uk/DataProtection or contact the Data Protection Officer 01392 265257
Who We Are
RAMM is a place of discovery which encourages curiosity and connects people to the world around them through local and global collections.
Our public purpose is described in this link: https://www.rammuseum.org.uk/about-ramm/ramms-values/
The Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery (RAMM) is a service of Exeter City Council.