Magic Lantern Slide: The Brickmakers' Siesta -- after dinner
This photographic slide shows a group of brickmakers on their lunch time break. The boys and men are wearing typical Victorian clothing including clogs, and two men are smoking pipes. The slide was part of the collection belonging to John Crabtree who was a government inspector of factories with an interest in the safety of factory workers. Unfortunately he didn’t record where the image was taken.
- Accession Loan No.
- Collection Class
- Social and industrial history
- glasspaperphotographic emulsion
- Common Name
- Magic Lantern Slide: The Brickmakers' Siesta -- after dinner
- Simple Name
- Inscription Transcription
- handwritten 'The Brickmakers' Siesta -- / -- after dinner' on mount
- Period Classification
- Victorian (1837-1901); Edwardian (1901-1914); World War I (1914-1918)
- Production Country
- United Kingdom
- Production Person Initials
- John H.
- Production Person Surname
- Production Year Low
- Production Year High