Magic Lantern Slide: Cheese, Eggs, Nuts and Dates Shop, Baghdad
This photograph shows a food stall laden with goods. Although the slide is in the collection created by Alfred Rowden, the title on the slide shows the photograph was reproduced from an image by someone called Tanner. This was presumably a fellow military man, as there are several other photos by him in Rowden’s collection. Rowden was in Mesopotamia during the First World War and was not sent home until 1919 or 1920.
- Accession Loan No.
- Collection Class
- Social and industrial history
- glasspaperphotographic emulsion
- Common Name
- Magic Lantern Slide: Cheese, Eggs, Nuts and Dates Shop, Baghdad
- Simple Name
- Inscription Transcription
- Handwritten 'T.80' on top edge; Handwritten 'Cheese, Eggs, Nuts + Dates Shop, Baghdad' on masking strip at top; 'Tanner's Neg. 80' on masking strip at bottom.
- Period Classification
- World War I (1914-1918); Inter War (1918-1939)
- Production Country
- United Kingdom
- Production Date
- Production Person Initials
- ; A.O.
- Production Person Surname
- Tanner; Rowden